Friday, October 2, 2009

I'm Back!!!

Hello, again!

I can't believe that it's been 5 months since I last posted! It just seemed that once Spring hit, I was just too busy to keep it up.

There was gardening, and preparing for and moving our 2 sons out of the house, more gardening, spending time at the cottage, hiking, travelling, and of course, trying to catch up on all the quilting I had stacked up while doing everything else. Life just seems to get busier. I seem to have many things to do, but don't do anything very well. It has been a summer of reflection, for sure, because life is just passing us by so fast, and it's important to figure out what activities we want to devote our time to, and which ones aren't that important. And through it all, my husband has been contemplating retirement, and going through all the questions that come along with that... Can we afford to? How much work do we want (regarding where we live). Should we downsize? Where would we go? How do we want to spend the rest of our lives? It's been a soul-searching kind of summer!

For now, Dan has decided to keep his job at least one more year, we will probably down-size in a few years, and until then, we will try to purge "stuff" slowly, so we won't have to do it all at once. I have given away my pet ducks, and have learned to "let go" of them, and quit rescuing them if they've escaped their new homes! And I will try to cut down on the garden, to keep it manageable. I will also continue to quilt for others as long as the quilts keep coming, but I am not going to try to "grow" my business, I am content with how it is now, and hope to squeeze in more time for "me". We will just take one day at a time!

So, I just wanted to bring to your attention that I've added 2 new slideshows to the blog. The Innovations Machine Quilting Conference from 2008, sorry it took me so long, girls! Plus, our guild just had their bi-annual quilt show, entitled Quilters Without Borders. Hope you enjoy them!

I'll be trying to keep in touch and posting the quilts I did since April.

Thanks for being here! It feels good to be back!

Gloria.


No comments: