Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Native Rainbow

This is the name of the Guild Raffle Quilt that I posted a couple of posts ago. The pattern comes from Lorraine Torrence Designs.

It is customary of our guild to make 2 quilt tops while working on the raffle quilt, and the second one is drawn between the ladies who have participated.

Sheila was the lucky recipient, she was just so excited to own the second quilt top, she called me the same day to book time for me to quilt it!



It couldn't have happened to a more deserving lady, as Sheila puts hours and days into her volunteer work, which includes gathering quilts for the Rotary-sponsored Cleft Palette Surgeries in developing countries.  She has been at it for several years, and continues to encourage local guilds to help out. 

Sheila wanted me to quilt it the same way I did the actual raffle quilt.

No comments: