Thursday, April 8, 2010

My latest quilt top

I recently put this quilt top together for an upcoming beginner class I want to teach.

(Okay, so I broke my own rule, not to post a quilt that I haven't quilted yet, but I'm only planning to do an all-over on it, so it's not a big deal).

The initial pattern is called the "Balance of Nature Quilt" by Jessica Levitt, from the Windham Fabrics website.  I had just under a yard of  focus fabric to utilize, so I had to make some adjustments to make it fit.

This one will be fairly easy for a beginner to accomplish, while learning how to use a rotary cutter and ruler!

Most fabrics are by designer Joel Dewberry (Westminster Fibers), and I picked up a few fillers from Debra at Flamingo Quiltworx (see favorite blogs).  These are not the usual colours I tend to go towards, but it will look good in my new studio.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Looks beautiful!
My youngest wants to learn to make a quilt, and I was thinking this type of pattern would be great - now I know where to find it - thanks! ♥