Thursday, August 26, 2010

Rock-N-Roses Quilt

Velda brought me this quilt she made for her niece.  I just fell in love with the fabric!




The inside panel is from a Lyndhurst Studio, (Northcott) line, called Rock-N-Roses.  The fabrics Velda chose to accompany the panel were amazing, and suited the quilt perfectly!

I started by stitching in the ditch between all the blocks.






In the panel portion, I loosely free-handed around the shapes and
added some swirlies and loops with variegated thread.












In the surrounding blocks we chose to do some basic quilting, according the the block style.
















In the border, I stitched some musical notes and loops, although it doesn't show up in any of the photos.










It was a fun quilt to work on, and has sent me on a mission to find some more fabric!




1 comment:

Joanne said...

The quilt is stunning and your quilting is amazing!