Friday, December 3, 2010

Forget-Me-Nots and Dragonflies




Bernice sent me these two quilt tops to finish up for her.  She gets Hobbs Polydown batting and likes things lightly quilted.

The first one is a sweet forget-me-knot design, that I just free-handed some flowers inside her own.  Lots of fun! 








The second one was made up of many different dragonfly fabrics.  I started out meandering loops and dragonflies in the big, open blocks, then using the fabric for inspiration, did the border with dragonflies and ferns, and then I accentuated the pinwheels.  I might have gotten carried away and over-quilted it abit for her taste, but I'm sure she will be pleased as the polydown is such a soft, fluid batting for a fluffy polyester!









1 comment:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Hi Gloria...thank you so much for your lovely comment....I love hand quilting..but would also love to try the longarm...someday....I do think quilting and gardening go hand in hand...I have to stay busy..and you would do great the all the little points; I'm sure..your quilts are beautiful....