It was gifted to Rita, so little is know about it, but after examining it, I could see that it was very well hand-appliqued, with the tiniest of stitches. There were some also less-pretty stitches, indicating that another person had also contributed some time to the work.
|If you think this is a machine satin-stitch, look again!|
And from the back you could see part numbers, printed on the cloth, showing where the pieces were to go. Obviously, this was a kit quilt.
It was a great opportunity for me to practice some wholecloth designing and quilting, which was a challenge, yet quite an enjoyable experience.
I used a water-soluable blue marker to mark the quilting designs. I love the way the quilt quilted up, and how nice it looked on the frame, but because of the amount of blue marker used, it needed a washing, and then it became the antique it really was!
We used a bamboo batting .