Friday, November 16, 2012

I've been tagged!

Sam, from The Quilting Curve http://quiltingcurve.blogspot.ca/2012/11/tag.html has tagged me! Normally, this would cause me to hit the DELETE button, but since I've been in a blogging funk lately, I decided to have fun with it!

These are the rules:
-Every tagged person has to tell 11 things about themselves.
-The person who tagged you asked 11 questions over at their blog. Answer these questions in your post
-Ask 11 questions of the people that you tag (any quilting blogger with under 200 followers)
-Mention the person who tagged you (but for heaven's sake, don't tag them back!)

So, here goes: 11 things about me:

1) I am married to an incredibly talented man, a jack of all trades, a dying breed!
2) I have two handsome, amazing young sons aged 23 and 25, living on their own, with jobs, of whom I'm very proud, but I still worry about them, in this hi-tech age and all the distractions that come with it (games, texting, videos, and mind-numbing tv shows to name a few).
3) I've been quilting for about 21 years, and longarm quilted for others for 6 or 7 years.
4) I like to do other crafts such as crochet, rug-hooking, paint furniture, and mosaic.
5) I like the outdoors, gardening, hiking, biking, kayaking, camping and cross-country skiing.
6) I am 50 years old and been married for 26 years.
7) I like old stuff, especially family heirlooms, things hand-crafted, and hand-made, they speak to me of my past, where I come from, and those who came before me.
8) I love chabby chic style of decorating, lots of white with pastel accents.
9) I like to travel. My first trip was to Tijuana Mexico and Disneyland with my parents when I was 12 years old. At 16, I went on an Educational Cruise around the Mediterranean Sea on a school ship, complete with dormitory's and classrooms. I've been to New England a few times to visit my sister-in-law. My sister and I went to Cuba last year, and had fun laying on the beach.
10) At the time of writing, I have 2 border collie dogs and one tortoiseshell cat. Bailey, the eldest dog is 17 years old, and her days are numbered. I said goodbye to our 17-1/2 year old tabby cat earlier this year.
11) I love going to garage sales, flea markets, and thrift stores, searching for treasures!

a TV stand I just finished this week

Sam, here is a before photo, it started out as a new, unfinished piece .

My answers to questions asked of me:

Q-Did you have an artistic background leading up to quilting?
A- No. I just took up sewing clothing for myself as a teen, and made my first quilt at 17 years of age from scraps. I still have it!

Q-What would you change about your quilting/studio space?
A- Not much at this time. I just moved into it a couple of years ago, and it is a good size already. It is my "public" sewing space, and I still have a private sewing space in the laundry room, that's where I keep my stash under lock and key!

Q-If you could describe your quilting style in one word, what would that word be?
A- QuickAndEasy for the moment, need to use up some fabric.

Q-How many UFO's do you have?
A-Too many! I am good at starting projects, but not good at finishing them! 15 might be a good guess.

Q-What inspires you to quilt?
A-Photographs of nature, others quilts, sayings and quotations that would make a good quilt name....

Q-What kind of information quilt-wise, have you had trouble finding on the internet?
A-Nothing, really, the internet has way more info than I can use!

Q-What is your favorite organization technique? (quilt-wise)
A- Organized?  Who, me?  My peg board. I can hang up alot of tools, they are visible and accessable.

Q-What colour would you like to paint in your quilting/studio space?
A-Pink and black

Q-If you could visit any country or place, where would you go?
A-Russia. That is where my ancestors are from.

Q- What is your favorite meal right now?
A- Anything with Tomatoes, Spinach and Feta!

Q-Where do you buy your fabric?
A- Ouch! I've been behaving myself lately, but I do love shopping online from the States. (Head hanging down in shame) And locally at Flamingo Quiltworx http://flamingodebra.wordpress.com/


Okay, so that is it, folks! Since I do not want to torture anyone else by tagging them individually, anyone who reads this post and has a blog, consider yourself tagged if you want to! And just use the same questions I had! Leave me a comment with your blog address, so I can read what you've written!

Happy Blogging!

1 comment:

Sam said...

Wow, thanks for answering my questions Gloria! I'm sad to hear about your cat. I love that TV stand, do you have any before photos? By the way thanks, now I have to go out and buy some feta tomorrow you got me hankering.