Monday, November 8, 2010

Castlegar Quilt Show

A couple of weeks ago, a local guild put on their bi-annual Quilt Show.

It happened to fall on the same weekend as our Guild Retreat, so I took in the Quilt Show in during it's final hour! 

I was inspired and amazed at the talent shown by the ladies in Castlegar!

And I'm also proud to know that I started my own quilting journey there with them, some 20 or so years ago!

Most of the quilts were quilted by a longarm buddy, Debra, at Flamingo Quiltworx.  Awesome work, Debra!

this Quilt won Best of Show, as well as the CQA ribbon I believe.  By Verna C

Guild Raffle Quilt, designed by one of their own members!

By TJ, a very talented artist, lots of thread painting

Another work by TJ

Commemorating the Vancouver 2010 Olympics

Debra's Blooming 9-Patch
Here are a few of my favorites, but please visit the slideshow in the right-hand sidebar, for many more!

No comments: