Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lemon Creek Retreat


Recently, our guild held their annual quilt retreat at a rustic lodge in the country.






It was my first time attending and now I know why it's on most people's to-do list!  We didn't have to cook or clean, the food was great and the accomodations cozy!  And the company was awesome! 
The table I worked at with these ladies

Dinner being served!
Chris is checking on what I'm doing
My machine sewing project was working to finish these oak leaves I've had on the go for a couple of years.  They pattern comes from Quiltmaker Sept-Oct '02.  Several women from the guild had made these.  It was a good take-along hand project, gluing down the edges of the leaves to freezer paper, but I decided I was going to machine applique them onto their bases.  Then, I had to cut them in half and re-sew the blocks together.  I'm still in the midst of removing the freezer paper, and I can either make one single-sized quilt, or two lap-sized ones, but I'm leaning towards the lap-sized ones. 

Me at the final show-and-tell

Here is what I have up on my design wall so far.

I'll update you on my progress later!

Also, there is a Lemon Creek Retreat album in the right sidebar, if you'd like to see others projects.







No comments: