Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tess Returns!





Tess and her daughter dropped in today to pick up a quilt she'd left with me this summer. I am very proud of the way it turned out.

First of all I love the fabrics and colours! I love the pinks, blues and purples and the darling fairies! Makes me wish I had a little girl!

Secondly, the blocks are big, so it quilted up easily and I figured out a way to do it continuously, which was so much fun to do.

Thirdly, I used Rainbows thread, which I don't normally use, and practiced more swirlies (thanks Debra!) The shine of the thread really compliments the colours of the quilt as well as the sparkle on some of the fabrics. A truly magical quilt!

The ladies brought the twin girls for me to see and I've posted their updated photo a couple of posts back where I showed them as practically newborns. Man, they grow fast! They are so cute and huggable, and in spite of being preemies, they are right up there at the "top" of their class!

Thanks for the nice visit, girls!

No comments: