Friday, March 5, 2010

I'm so Blessed!

I feel so happy today.

The weather is gorgeous and warm, my seeds are starting to germinate, and I look forward to my new studio.  My house is a mess right now, but I just see the finished product and I am very happy! 

But what really made my day today is that I scored a huge treasure!  If you know me and have been inside my house, you'll know I like "old stuff".  I like to call them antiques, but to deserve that name, they must be valuable, whereas mine are referred to by some as "junk".  Some at least have some emotional connection to a grandparent long gone, but others are just there for a useful purposes or pleasure, fulfilling my decorating dreams (and hubby's nightmares). 

Anyways, I had noticed this old cupboard in a friend's storage shed, and I hinted that if they ever wanted to get rid of it, I'd be happy to take it off their hands, and they gave it to me!  I didn't waste much time, rounding up my Father-in-law and his truck, and we brought it home today.  It was alot bigger than I expected it to be, but I was determined to get it into my sewing room/laundry room.  Even if it meant taking out the door jam!  Yup, that is what we had to do. 

As you can see, it is abit bigger than the sewing desk I wanted to put it on, but I don't care!!!  There is another wall I could mount it to, over my washer and dryer, but that is a project for later, maybe.   The more I look at it, the more I realize I should fix it up with abit of paint and maybe a new beadboard backing, before filling it with my excess fabrics. I love the glass in the doors and the glass knobs and the crown moulding in the front.  I'm just ecstatic!!!

Today couldn't have been a better day!  I am so blessed to have good friends, and a great father-in-law among my family and other treasures!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Lucky you!! I know I could do with more storage space.
Thanks for reminding me that I have to start some seeds! ♥

Lisa W. said...

What a great find!