Thursday, March 18, 2010

Snowflake Quilt

As a Christmas tradition in our guild, Caroline chooses a block pattern which each participating guild member makes up, and we draw for the blocks at our annual Christmas dinner. 

This past December, Irene was the lucky winner of the blocks, so she put them together and asked me to quilt it for her.



The blocks took on a snowflake theme, as most of the blue fabrics used had snowflakes on them.  You wouldn't believe the wide assortment!  It was amazing!  As I love snowflakes, I thought I'd seen them all, but I wasn't even close!









Here is a photo of one of the two identical blocks I contributed with which I had hoped would increase my chances of winning!





We chose a snowflake panto called "flurry" to quilt across it, with a softly variegated YLI thread.  It turned out pretty nice, and Irene was very pleased.







 

 Here is a photo of the back.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Another beautiful quilt. Your quilting is amazing as always!

Lisa W. said...

Love the snowflake quilting!