Sunday, January 16, 2011

Christmas Spiral Runners



I finally found the photos I was looking for earlier!

Back in early December, I had spent a day or two whipping up some of these spiral table centerpieces for gifts.  They were a follow-up of some I made last winter, on a previous blog post.  I didn't get around to quilting these babies till Christmas Eve, which is often the case, because I didn't have any "plan B" gifts ready!  (Note to self: try harder to get gifts made earlier next year!)



 I quilted them all together as shown in the photo, with the same panto, called Holly Berries from Lorien Quilting.  I finished them with a narrow binding, alittle tricky around the 45-degree corners, but not too bad. 

I really like the highly-contrasted ones better, they were really effective.  Although the pink/green ones had "matching"  fabrics, they weren't as exciting, maybe because the green had a print on it.  Of course, having them side-by-side didn't help!



1 comment:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

very neat....I love them...they are just so interesting to look at