Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Do-It-Myself Day

I needed another folding table to use in my studio, so rather than heading out to the local CT store, I decided I would build my own, as I knew we had the components for it hanging out in the barn. 

I used a damaged door for the tabletop, choosing the good side for the top, but because it was hollow-core, I needed to glue some plywood supports to the underside where the legs are attached, as the door just has a thin skin on it, and wouldn't support the screws.  My husband helped by cutting out the plywood pieces, but I did the rest myself.  Of course, it took me awhile, as I had to re-drill a few of the holes due to wrong placement, but that's okay, I am satisfied that I did it mostly by myself!  It is a nice new sturdy work surface, but because it is hollow-core, there'll be no dancing on this table!

2 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

nice for you....but I like the work on top of that new table....

Lisa W. said...

How thrifty! Great idea!