Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!





Hello there!  Sorry it's been so long since I've "written"!   Hope you all had a wonderful holiday and are feeling refreshed and ready for another busy, joy-filled year!

December is a crazy month for me and I am now feeling rested up enough after Christmas to share some words and photos. 


 Karen brought me this wonderful Border Creek Mystery quilt top she had recently completed after participating in the mystery at a local quilt shop.  I think it is absolutely gorgeous and made with such happy colours!  She doubled her number of fabrics by reversing most of them, and it sure was effective! 



I wanted to accentuate the star formations with continuous curves in the star points, and I snuck a few leaf shapes in some of the in-between-star-points.  The appliques had some in-the-ditch stitching s well as some inside the applique itself, to ensure it stayed on through many washings.  In the "blank" background, I framed the medallions with some double lines, rather than using a background fill.  This was a moderately quilted piece.