Monday, August 29, 2011

My first quilt from a MAN

I know there are many men out there who quilt, it's just that I don't know any personally!  At least, until Ron came along. 

He is an adventurous sort of fellow, and when his daughter suggested he make a quilt, he took her up on the challenge.  It took him a couple of years, but since she was getting married this summer, he just had to have it finished!


What I can't believe though,  is that the quilt consists of hundreds, if not thousands, of pieces, of all white and white-on-white fabrics!  How grueling that must that have been!  Even an accomplished quilter would find that difficult to do!  It was a big one, too, 98"x113"!


Not only that, but he hand-embroidered the label on the back, too!  (Sorry, I forgot to get a photo of it!)

 Ron just wanted it simply quilted, with Polydown batting inside.  Turned out very cozy-looking!

He did an amazing job!




No comments: