Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wrap-a-Smile




Our local guild donates quilts to the Wrap-a-Smile project, where a team of doctor's and others travel to under-developed countries to perform cleft palate surgery on those who have been living with the disability, mostly children.

I had promised to make 2, and of course, I left it to the last minute, so yesterday evening, I constructed 2 simple quilts on the longarm. This was my first attempt, and it went fairly well, considering the backing fabric was on the stretchy side. I will definitely try this again, with standard cotton backing and batting.

Note the nice label our guild president Donna J made for us to attach to the quilts.

These are not the finest examples of my quilt-making, but I am sure some child will be happy to receive one!

No comments: