Friday, January 30, 2009

Dancing With Threads





Today, it was a "Mommy-and-Me" day. I took my Mom on a day trip to Grand Forks, BC!

We first stopped in to the Heart-and-Soul Quilt Shop, situated in a beautiful Victorian home, just off Main Street. Cathy had hundreds of bolts of fabric to browse through, it would have taken me all day if I had the chance! And we admired all the beautiful quilts adorning all the available wall space where the fabric bolts couldn't reach. And it appears that her husband is a gem, one whose touch on the place shows up everywhere! This shop is a destination for sure!

Then, we attended an Open House at Dancing with Threads, longarm quilting studio. Ma Tin is the owner/operator, and she has set up shop and is ready to help quilters finish their quilts! She has a unique style all her own and just loves to freehand, adapting special designs to suit your quilt top. I was very impressed with her lovely home and the yummy buffet luncheon she had prepared! By the way, she also teaches Asian cooking! She is a woman of many talents!

I met several women from both Grand Forks Guilds as well as the Christina Lake Guild. It was a great turnout!

And last, but not least, Mom and I visited with a few relatives of ours, which was a really nice way to end our day trip, as family is important and we don't take enough time out to spend with them.

It was a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Gloria for your stopping-by at my open house. I am so glad that you come and encourage me in person. I try my best to satisfy my customers as you do too. We are in the same boat, trying to help each other,encourage each other which is the best way to learn and grow together as long arm quilters.
I really appreciate your sweet support and kind words.