Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Black and White Quilt



Just constructed and quilted this "Black and White Quilt" for Tiffany R.

When she saw the B & W quilt my son made for his then-girlfriend (with my help, of course!) over a year ago, she has always wanted one for her own. The only criteria were that it be queen-sized and black and white, the pattern didn't matter, the simpler the better, even just squares would make her happy. Well, just squares didn't interest me much, but I did choose the base pattern from Blue Meadows design(their blog is on my list), it uses big pieces of fabric and goes together fairly quickly. The original pattern has words appliqued on it, (see Debra McCracken's blog, Quiltworx at the Flamingo for her version), but I subsituted with circles and squares, as it just needed something.

Oh yes, and that floral fabric highlighted is from Flamingo Quiltworx's selection, don't you just love it? Modern and "stylin"!!!

I am pleased with the way it turned out. There is just a simple meandering pattern quilted across it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is pretty Stylin! I like it a lot - what a great idea adding the shapes instead of words...