Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Scottish Thistle




My sister-in-law Janet made this quilt for her Mom, who is of Scottish descent. I would not describe her Mom as prickly at all! But she is as lovely as the bloom!

The two of them took a memorable trip to Scotland a couple of years ago, and walked the same paths that their ancestors did!

I am very proud of Janet, she took this block and designed a nice layout for this lovely quilt. I really like this particular block and especially the colours!

It took me ages to decide what and how to quilt those blank spaces. I finally decided on a thistle-looking motif, and carried it into the border treatment, if you can see it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! you are awesome! and productive - looks like gardening has come to a screeching halt!

More inspiration and beautiful work!

Gloria said...

It just seems that way, I am trying to catch up on quilts I should've posted since the Spring!