Sunday, November 1, 2009
I did a couple of quilts for Tuula last spring. The first one is a small Tea-Time quilt made with Debbie Mumm fabrics. The stitching shows up on a part of the backing.
The second one is a log cabin. It really stumped me as to how to quilt it, but once I took a photo of it and viewed it from a distance, I could see a figure 8 emerge, and so that is how I quilted it. I first stitched out the shape of the 8, then filled the area in with a fern-like vine.
I am thankful that all quilts are not the same, and each one can be a challenge and an opportunity for growth! I am quite pleased with the way this one turned out.