Wednesday, January 20, 2010

2 Quilts for Bernice


Bernice is one of my "regulars".  She sent these down to me back in October and I finally got to them. 

She likes light quilting and prefers poly batting, although the butterfly one has Hobbs 80/20 in it, as I ran out of the other stuff!

I don't know what the first quilt is called, actually, it is the second time she made that pattern, and I didn't want to do the same thing as I did before.  Because the fabrics had an "organic" feel, and all "leafy" themed I just went with a real simple leaf vine thread path.  It seemed to "evolve" the further along I got, I started out doing it one way, and then altered it slightly as I got further down the quilt.  Does anyone else find that happens to them, or is it just me?


The butterfly quilt was fun to do as well, I took my favorite butterfly design and marked it on each block, then wove the thread path through each design with loops in between.  Of course, my blog entry would not be complete if I didn't say how much I loved the fabric colours!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I love the butterfly design on the quilt. My machine quilting always evolves over a piece. I notice it more on borders of a large quilt!